With so many diets out there and so many opinions, how are you supposed to find the best plan for losing weight?
Finding said plan is like navigating a mental mine field!
Thus, here are some things to look out for when picking the right diet for you:
1. Amount of calories. If it recommends that you eat like a bird, find something else. If you eat less than twelve hundred calories, the health risks become very salient. You can also damage your metabolism.
2. Enough carbohydrates. Ignore all the extreme protein diets. You body needs a bare minimum of about 100 grams of carbohydrates a day to spare muscle. Your brain also needs carbohydrates to function properly.
3. Balance across different food groups. Why is balance important? Because you can actually increase energy levels while restricting calories if you have enough nutrient density in your diet. So do not miss out on the health and energy benefits of eating a wide variety of foods.
4. Enough variety to appease your palate. Any plan you decide to do should allow just enough variety to keep you from feeling like a prisoner of food. Having said that, do not go overboard here because you will not be able to automate your cooking.
5. Cross promotions. If the plan you are looking at actively promotes products from which the author is affiliated, then the information is likely going to be skewed. Seek out unbiased plans that are based on research, not marketing.
6. Supplement centrality. If the whole plan is central to a single dietary supplement, then it probably is based on faulty science at best. Stay away from one-hit-wonder programs.
Figuring out what diet is best for you can be quite the challenge, especially in this day and age. Your best bet is to find sources of information that are not profit driven. And if you follow my advice in this article, you will be one step closer to reaching your goals.